IT QA Analyst
A top Charlotte, NC client is looking to bring on a Quality Assurance Analyst.The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, UAT and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- Experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Dynamics 365, Web and Client/server applications.
- Experience in using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira or any other Test Management tool.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $40-$55/hr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.