Data Engineer ( Python / ETL)
Located in Washington DC, an well-established media publication is seeking a Data Engineer to join their team. For over 50 years this brand has been a household name and is rapidly growing in the digital arena. They are currently leveraging their data to create a customized content experience for their subscribers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for creating solutions to centralize data in their newly architected data warehouse. Ideal candidates will have a strong foundation on Python and SQ as well as feel comfortable with ETL. This individual will be joining a growing team and have a significant opportunity to help shape the way they develop, deploy, and operate production quality systems.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong capabilities with Python , ability to pick up new programing languages
- Heavy experience with SQL
- Ability to create and maintain relational databases
- Comfortable creating and maintaining ETL processes
- Demonstrated success in analyzing, ingesting , and presenting large data sets
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in an AWS Environment
- Comfortability with NoSQL databases
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to understand data needs
- Design, build, and launch new data extraction, transformation, storage, and loading processes and tools
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Communicate and collaborate with both software development and product teams
- Competitive base salary up to $125K DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental , and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Metro accessible location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.