Java finance developer
We’re currently working with a globally recognizable finance company. They are hiring for Java developers located in Chicago’s downtown loop. The team will primarily be working on a card transaction application, monitoring account activity and transaction reports. The group will collaborate closely with other teams in the organization, and build features on top of existing APIs as well.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing applications in Java. Candidates with exposure to various functional languages (especially Scala) will be strongly considered. Experience developing applications in a microservices architecture is great as well. Other great skills to have include working on cloud based applications, implementing CI/CD pipelines, and prior finance experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience developing applications in Java
- Experience with at least one functional language
- Scala preferred
- Experience with Spring frameworks
- Spring Security
- Bachelor’s in related field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Business, Economics, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working on cloud based applications
- Experience developing applications in microservices
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in the finance industry
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 9 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.