Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This company is changing the way enterprises think about Security. Their goal is to be the leading cloud security and analytics platform globally. It’s time for smart cloud/web security, they innovate the way security is done, i.e. that they provide a cloud-based service as opposed to traditional on-prem solutions. Their patented Cloud XD technology eliminates blind spots by going deeper than any other security provider to quickly target and control activities across thousands of cloud services and millions of websites. With full control from their cloud, customers benefit from 360-degree data protection that guards data everywhere and advanced threat protection that stops elusive attacks.
They are the leader in cloud security. Their corporate leadership is clear, open, and honest, leaders share what’s happening in the company, and all employees make a big impact. Recognized as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, on Glassdoor and Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 cloud companies in the world, and as one of the three fastest-growing cybersecurity companies. This company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner closely with their development teams and product managers to architect and build features that are highly available, performant and secure
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure, monitor & report application and infrastructure health
- Gain deep knowledge of our application stack
- Experience improving the performance of micro-services and solve scaling/performance issues
- Capacity management and planning
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Participate with the dev teams in a 24X7 on-call rotations.
Required Skills And Experience
- 4+ years experience with troubleshooting Unix/Linux
- 5+ years of experience in managing a large-scale web operations role
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- 2+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
Desired Skills And Experience
- Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Knowledge of distributed systems a big plus.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, Product Managers, etc
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- $200k or more DOE
- 401k match
- Commuter reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Daily free food