Backend Python Developer
Our client is one of the world’s foremost bond fund managers that oversees more than 70 mutual funds invested in such financial instruments as mortgage-backed securities, real estate investment trusts, as well as stocks. They have recently built out a new enterprise data warehouse and are in need of additional engineers for this team. In this role you will be responsible for API development, data transformation, and some database layer work as well. This team is using Python on the API layer and Oracle as a database so experience with any relational database and Python are a must and knowledge of web frameworks/ORMs like Flask, Django, SQLAlchemy, etc. will certainly be helpful in this position.
This is an opportunity for an up-and-coming software developer to gain experience on a large-scale and critical project. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience in software development is mandatory
- Python programming skills for API development
- Relational (SQL) database fundamentals – joins, aggregate functions, indexes, partitions, triggers, advanced queries, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and computer science fundamentals
- Web frameworks like Django, Flask, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or additional professional experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in the financial domain, specifically in investments
- Data acquisition and transformation at Scale
- Oracle database experience
- Energetic and enthusiastic about modern software technologies and problem solving
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% API development
- 20% Client side
- 20% Database
- Competitive Pay: Up to $40/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 Months with extension potential
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.