Principal Engineer / Software Development and DevOps
One of the world leader’s in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology is hiring a full-time Principal Software Engineer in their Seattle location. They offer interrelated and advanced solutions for geolocation targeted at customers who have commercial needs or to large governmental end users.
As the Principal Software Engineer you will be working in a mixed technology environment and responsible for everything from architecture and development to deployment and quality assurance. You will get to touch some of the latest technologies and work on a platform that affects millions worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to join a new dev initiative on an application at scale while working with some new technologies, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience in commercial software development
- Node.JS for microservices
- Database development, configuration, and management, preferably with Postgres
- Linux/Unix on (CentOS, RedHat)
- Openstack cloud
- Scripting with Bash or similar
- Agile methodologies, bug tracking, source control, and unit testing
- Build, automation, and support of distributed computing environments
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-based environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability
- Willingness to take on challenging work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with location-based services – i.e. mapping, geocoding, navigation, etc.
- Source control with Git, Perforce, or similar
- Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Cisco networking
- Knowledge of system and network security
- VMWare deployment
- TCP/IP for sockets
- Docker or similar container tool
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar field
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and implement distributed computing systems
- Design, code, test, and deploy new software systems
- Research and development of new technologies
- Capacity planning
- Assess security concerns
- Technical leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance and supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, etc.)
- Flex spending accounts
- Preferred stock purchase plan
- 401(k) with match
- 4 weeks PTO
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.