Lead Java Developer
We are currently working with a global financial group looking to build out its software team. Located in Chicago’s downtown loop, the enterprise group is looking to bring on a Lead Software Engineer. This individual will be responsible for leading an initiative to build backend services for a next generation trading interface.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing applications in Java. The team will also be working with a few different JVMs, and experience with Scala or Kotlin is a major plus. Candidates should also be comfortable developing and connecting RESTful APIs.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience developing applications in Java
- Experience with at least one functional language
- Experience developing APIs with RESTful services
- GraphQL experience is a major plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
Desired Skills & Experience
- Play framework experience
- Full stack development experience
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working for a financial organization
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Backend Development
- 20% Frontend Development
- 60% Hands on
- 40% Leading teams
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- WFH flexibility
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.