Senior Platform Software Engineer / Java
Our Client is a dynamic company looking for a few Senior Java Software engineers to add to their growing team in Carlsbad, California. They provide a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allowing industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings. They utilize advanced machine learning to decipher meaning and surface the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
They are a unique group of brilliant minds discovering, learning and building. They work in a vibrant atmosphere, with an emphasis on personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
They are looking for a talented Senior Java Engineers to join our team and deliver world-class search technologies. You will be working with a smart team of software developers and linguists on both full applications and tools that power their search platform.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Expert in Java programming, including Generics and multi-threading
- Experience in scalable architectures and high-throughput application design
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows environments.
- Big Data Technologies (at least one of the following):
- Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hadoop, Hive)
- Lucene NLP (Solr or ElasticSearch)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Machine Learning
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Tool usage: Git, and Intellij
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health/Medical, Dental Vision
- 23 days PTO
- 13 Holidays
- Life Insurance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.