Principal Engineer / Technical Architect (3-4 days remote)
One of the worlds most recognized content and media brands is hiring for a Principal Software Engineer to join their Data Science and Artificial Intelligence team. Position offers 3-4 days remote and competitive salary/benefits, while working on extremely high visibility initiatives (think millions of hits per hour).
The Principal Software Engineer leads the architecture and development of new services built on machine learning technology. Past projects include chatbots, recommender systems, and topic clustering algorithms. You will be responsible for leading the development of high-quality production systems that scale to millions of users. We use a variety of technologies including AWS, Python, Java, Clojure, Spark, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, Hadoop, Postgres, and Elasticsearch.
- Transform machine learning models into APIs used by millions of people
- Architect systems that apply machine learning to monetization strategies including advertising, subscriptions, and traffic growth
- Provide technical leadership to Data Scientists and other software engineers
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- 5+ years development experience
- Significant experience in building and running highly scalable web services
- Strong coding background in an object-oriented or functional programming language
- Experience with machine learning or big data systems
- Experience with designing systems that run on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Ability to work in an agile environment with frequent production releases
- 3-4 days remote
- Global brand working on high visibility (and revenue generating) software
- Principal Architect + (Head of Machine Learning welcome to apply).