End User IT Support
We are currently hiring for a new member of our IT team. The End User Support Engineer will be an integral part of our small, but growing team. This role will support client computers, office machines, basic network connectivity and phone systems. We're at our best when collaboratively thinking through difficult problems, working independently when implementing their solutions. Our environment promotes interaction with the customers we support, as embodied by our bullpen-style open work environment.
Note that this is a junior role, ideal for someone looking to develop their IT skills professionally with a passion for customer service within a technology field. This position reports to the Senior Manager of End User Support.
- Deploy workstations, printers and additional office machines in a mixed Windows/OSX environment.
- Manage all end user software, including operating systems and productivity software.
- Manage office network connectivity solutions including LAN and inter-office WAN.
- Perform & Test routine end-user data backups and restores.
- Identify, mitigate, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and workstations.
- Escalate incidents to senior personnel as necessary.
- Schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations and/or purchases.
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions and storage allocations in accordance with best practices for PII.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for appropriate use.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Adept at reading, writing and interpreting technical documentation and procedures.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Passionate about tech.
- Keen attention to detail. Technology is their chosen career path.
- Skilled at working within a team both collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science or 1 years equivalent work experience
This position offers a competitive base salary and attractive set of medical/dental/employee benefits. Applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying. No sponsorship available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening including a drug test and criminal check