Senior Data Engineer / Scala / Spark
One of the largest music streaming services is looking to expand their tech department in NYC by hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join their team. This Senior Data Engineer is going to be working on business-critical applications that deal with payments of record labels, artists, and publishers.
The Senior Data Engineer will need to build data pipelines from scratch, working with both large scale and real-time data pipelines. The Data team works with multiple processing frameworks like Spark, Storm and Google Cloud Platform. The Senior Data Engineer will ideally have experience working with Java or Scala and will need to have experience with distributed systems like Hadoop and Cassandra.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a very well-known entertainment company, building mission critical applications for the team!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 years experience with Data Engineering
- Experience with either Java or Scala
- Knowledge of different data processing systems like Spark, Storm, Scalding and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with distributed systems like Hadoop and Cassandra
- Knowledge of data modeling and data storage techniques
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to interact with other Software Engineers, ML experts, and stakeholders
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- 100% paid medical insurance
- 5 weeks PTO
- Game Room
- Stock Options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.