Technical Product Owner
Our client, a global specialist in energy management, is actively looking for a Technical Product Owner to join their team in Andover, MA! This is a 6 month contract to hire.
They are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner to guide the development of our IoT platform. This IoT platform provides foundational technology to enable digitization of a range of offers sold to our customers. It leverages state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure to deliver a rich set of services used by various customer-facing applications developed within different lines of business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Collaborate with product architect(s) and Offer Management teams to translate business requirements into clearly understood user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Work with scrum master and technical leads to decompose those user stories into actionable development tasks, and determine scope and priorities for individual sprints.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are inspired and motivated to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as a key technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Work with key stakeholders across the team (development, test, release, professional services, operations) to ensure successful product releases.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent and 5+ years work experience in software product management or technology lead role within an enterprise software or SaaS company. Experience developing SaaS products for an Energy Management or IoT application, a plus.
- Expertise in using Agile Project & Product Management tools, like Jira, Rally or other. Microsoft VSTS proficiency is a plus.
- Experience with projects related to data management and analytics where data is aggregated, analyzed, and represented as valuable actionable insights.
- Hands-on Scrum and Agile experience of 2-5 years. Proficient with building workflows, creating/“grooming”/prioritizing product backlogs, writing user stories, and developing acceptance criteria.
- Strong leadership skills to influence a diverse group of stakeholders with ability to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.