Senior Android Software Engineer/ Java/ Kotlin/ Santa Clara
Do you dream of what cars of the future will look like when you combine them with connectivity, a smartphone, and cloud services? Can you imagine uniting those dreams with a company that has the skills and relationships to make that a reality?
Our client believes the car is at the beginning of a massive innovation wave that mirrors what happened on the smartphone several years ago. Building on their long history of mobile and in-car navigation software and services, they are on a mission to make people’s lives less stressful, more productive and more fun when they’re on the go.
They are looking for a highly motivated Staff Software Engineer to join their growing Auto team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of core Java, Kotlin
- Strong background in object-oriented design.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and unit testing frameworks.
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques.
- Experience with refactoring large code bases.
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated and a team player.
- Attention to last minute details and a strong sense of quality.
- 6+ years of experience in developing commercial software.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with open source libraries like RxJava, Dagger 2, Retrofit.
- Experience with build tools and scripting languages.
- Experience with Location Based Services on mobile platforms.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with product and UX teams to ship new and redesign existing features.
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android-based devices.
- Improve the code base through continuous refactoring.
- Implement new and extend existing APIs.
- Own release and QA cycles of your code.
- Competitive salary up to $165K/year DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.