Director of Data Engineering
A multi-media company located in Pasadena is looking to add a Director of Data Engineering to their Data Platform team. This person is going to be responsible for helping build their next generation data platform to support billions of records coming in daily from a variety of unique data sources.
This team supports everything from data analytics and data platform, to the Machine Learning initiatives across the entire company. You will have a hand in providing technical leadership as well as roadmap and architecture for data initiatives across the entire company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10 years of Software Engineering experience with at least 3 years in Data Engineering
- Experience managing and growing engineering teams
- Experience with non-relational and relational databases
- Strong development experience with Java, Scala or other programming languages
- Strong design, architecture and road mapping experience
- Experience in large scale distributed services on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, or Azure
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master's Degree in machine learning, data analytics, statistics, or another related field
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% development and design of data delivery systems and leading key data initiatives
- 20-30% hands-on with architecture and strategic planning
- 70-80% people management and participating in strategic data initiatives across the organization
- Competitive Salary: Up to $230K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (eligible on day 1 of employment)
- 401(k) with match (eligible on day 1 of employment)
- Bonus eligible role
- Onsite cafeteria with free breakfast and lunch
- Onsite gym facility
- Flexible work hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.