Senior Windows Cloud Engineer
A top client we are working with is looking for an experienced professional with experience maintaining Windows 2008 R2 2016 operating system functionality and stability build new systems (physical and virtual), apply software and security patches diagnose and resolve system problems with the OS, hardware and applications maintain system security participate in VMware on premise to Cloud VM Migrations create and update procedures and documentation investigate, analyze, and correct system related issues investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches perform routine system preventative maintenance and respond to break fix tickets. This individual will also operate as a Windows Hosting project resource with expected contribution in architecting scalable, reliable, secure technical solutions encompassing both on premise and Cloud Compute resources.
Required Skills & Experience
- Tier 2 knowledge of networking and storage concepts and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency with an Enterprise Monitoring System.
- Familiarity with Service Now and Remedy.
- Experience Managing Windows Servers in an Enterprise setting.
- Experience Managing Windows Servers in Azure and or AWS.
- Experience in VMware (5.x, 6.x). Certifications
- Current MCSA (preferred MCSA Cloud Platform) or
- AWS Cloud Practitioner (preferred AWS Solutions Architect).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Individual Windows skills and experience should including managing Active Directory, expert knowledge of Credential Management and Group Policy, experience with PowerShell, strong experience in Server ESXi Host performance troubleshooting, and knowledge of DNS and PKI.
- From the Cloud perspective, experience in both AWS and Azure is required with expert knowledge in one of the two.
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Windows Server
- 40% Cloud (Azure and/or AWS)
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.