Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
An analytic company that is a leading provider of strategic data and analytical solutions to the world’s largest agricultural crop protection which also maintains direct connectivity to more than 9,500 industry retailers and distributors, representing more than 90% of the U.S. market.
Headquartered in Charlotte, specifically in the South Park area as the data comes in, the more we grow so we are looking to bring on a Cloud/DevOps Engineer with Azure experience.
This person would be on the ground floor of a project to use cutting edge technology like containerization, cloud and orchestration. Strong candidates will have experience in Azure and PowerShell.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2+ years using cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- Windows server experience using either 2016 or 2012 (R2)
- SCCM isn’t required but more of a nice to have
- 2+ years of experience with Juniper EX/QFX/SRX or equivalent Cisco products with an interest in learning Juniper
- Experience with next generation firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Fortinet, etc.)
- Ideally some work with cloud networking and automation is good
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and automation or equivalent scripting/automation
- Ability to work independently and own multiple projects from planning to completion
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Agile (Scrum) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications
- The ability to work collaboratively and to communicate technical concepts clearly and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer field preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and construct automation around various tasks in the software development lifecycle
- Interact with developers and application architecture teams to understand the components of their application architecture
- Help translate that to underlying infrastructure requirements in Azure
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments
- Use your understanding of Azure Infrastructure in order to deploy and secure various cloud services which could include: API Management, Web Apps, SQL, Service Bus, Service Fabric, AKS
- Some cloud automation
- Assist with administration of other on-premise infrastructure
- Health and dental coverage,
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120k/year, depending on experience
- Unlimited PTO,
- Company match 401(k),
- Annual training budget of $2,500 and much more
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.