Senior DevOps Engineer
A large SAAS company in Orange County is growing and has an immediate opening for a Senior DevOps engineer to add to their DevOps team. The company is looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who is capable of working with minimal direction and guide the team in the right direction of automating an environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a next generation award winning product using the latest and greatest technologies.
This candidate is will be automating their large infrastructure environment and maintain the stability, integrity and performance of all customer production environments including storage, servers, networking, virtualization, automation systems and all associated hardware and software solutions in our private and public cloud.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of AWS, Chef, Docker, and python scripting experience.
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated and self-directed– culture is paramount!
- Cloud Services/IaaS engineering experience is a plus.
- Experience with Terraform is a big plus
- Strong team management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational/business planning skills.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Vendor management experience is required.
- Networking experience is required (e.g. DNS, F5, AWS ELB, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Splunk, Nagios, Keynote, etc.
- Experience with VSphere, VirtualBox, etc.
- Experience managing Linux environments
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Redshift, Redis, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Great technology focused company to work for
- Matching 401K and full medical benefits
- Chance to lead a very talented DevOps team
- Startup like culture.