Senior Site Reliability Engineer/ Python/ Jenkins/Kubernetes/ San Mateo
This San Mateo start up is built on a highly distributed micro-services based architecture that ingests, analyzes and stores billions of time-series metrics and events - all in real time. Our goal is to continually improve the performance and reliability of this system as it evolves to handle dramatically more data (by orders of magnitude) sent by our rapidly increasing customer base.
Required Skills & Experience
- Automating & operationalizing engineering tasks on Backend Services - data migrations, performance tuning, capacity changes, etc
- Monitor Capacity & Utilization and work closely with the Infrastructure team to orchestrate scale-up/down of Backend Services.
- Own & operate critical back-end Open Source Services like Cassandra, Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch.
- Build tools and design processes that help improve observability and system resiliency of the SignalFx Platform.
- Triage Site Availability Incidents and proactively work towards reducing MTTR for customer impacting incidents.
- Partner with Service owners to implement Service Level Metrics & Service Level Objectives that act as service level health indicators.
- Establish design patterns for monitoring, benchmarking and deploying new features for the backend services.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS degrees in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineer or Backend Software Engineer for web-scale or similar platforms.
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, Bash, Go or Java.
- Experience building or operating high performance distributed systems.
- Experience with one or more OSS technologies like Kafka, Cassandra, Zookeeper or Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
- Exciting start-up
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Small team
- Equity in the company
- Internal growth
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients