Senior Data Engineer / Java / Scala / Hadoop / Spark
A Fortune 100 company in Phoenix is looking for multiple experienced Data Engineers (ranging from mid level to senior) to join one of their growing teams on a contract-to-hire basis. As part of this group you will be working on some of their core data driven applications with a focus on Java and Hadoop engineering.
To be successful in this you thrive in a fast-paced environment and come to the table having worked on enterprise-level applications, preferably consumer-facing. You are fluent in Java programming and a major plus for working experience with Scala. The Hadoop/Spark toolsets are needed as well and cloud experience in AWS will put you to the front of the pack.
If you are looking to challenge yourself with modern data engineering technologies in a large scale data environment, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with Java programming (mix of Java and Python is acceptable)
- 3+ years of experience within a Hadoop/Spark environment
- Prior work on large, mission critical applications within an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of tools like HDFS, HBase, Hive, Flume, MadReduce, Sqoop, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data ingestion and transformation
- Working experience in an agile environment
- Knowledge of the modern SDLC
- Understanding of modern security concerns within software development
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of AWS scripting and automation for CI/CD
- Cloud experience within AWS (S3, EMR, etc.) or Azure
- Strong experience with Kafka
- Exposure to other noSQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with data collection from large-scale and/or public APIs
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Data pipelines – Java, Scala, Kafka
- 30% Database structures – Hive, HDFS
- 10% Production & QA
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months with conversion potential
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.