Senior Front End Developer
A highly publicized crowd-sourcing real-estate investment company in Washington, D.C. is currently hiring for a Senior Front-End Developer to join their rapidly growing start-up environment (over 50 employees). The company was ranked by The Washington Post in 2019 as a "Top Workplace" and #35 on the 2018 Inc. 5000 of fastest growing private companies.
*Targeting Senior Developers.
You will work on a daily basis with the engineering, marketing, design, and product teams to improve existing features on the platform and implement new ones, constantly iterating and improving them along the way.
Ideally, you are:
- Pragmatic. Sometimes the best solution is the simplest and sometimes it’s not. You think critically about the task at hand and are constantly discussing and evaluating the trade-offs in different approaches - recognizing there are different ways to solve a problem.
- Curious. You are naturally curious about things you don't understand and actively look for opportunities to grow and learn from those around you.
- Detail-oriented. You care deeply about the quality of your work and recognize the value in consistency. You know when 80/20 solutions are sufficient and when that extra push can make all the difference.
- 5+ years professional experience as a front-end developer.
- Excellent knowledge of the potential and shortcomings of a variety of browsers, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Experience with source control and repository management (git).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with different teams and stakeholders.
- Used to receiving and providing critical, constructive feedback.
Core skill areas:
- CSS (via Sass)
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 depending on experience. Full benefits and equity. DuPont Circle location!