Director of Data Engineering
An AI and Machine Learning company is looking to round out their NYC based Data team with a Director of Data Engineering. This company analyzes and tracks rounds of company funding to give precise data regarding investment activity and capital. They have received over $10 million in funding and they have analyzed and tracked thousands of companies data.
This Director of Data Engineering will oversee a small team of other data engineers. They will also collaborate with the data science team, platform engineers and product managers to identify and build data layer components and best-practice frameworks for data ingestion.
You will support the team in regards to architecture and transforming the data infrastructure of the company. This Director of Data Engineering will be responsible for leading a team of 2, building ETL processes from scratch and developing new creative data strategies.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Engineering experience
- 1+ years’ leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge building ETL pipelines from scratch, data modeling and data warehousing
- Strong experience with Python, Pandas and Spark
- Proficiency with SQL, PostgresSQL and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Redshift, AWS and EC2
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to the financial industry
- Experience working in a startup environment
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On Development with tools listed above
- 40% Leadership
- Working with Data Architecture
- Leading a small Data team
- Interacting with department heads
- Interviewing/hiring staff
- Creative problem solving
- Setting up best practices
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time off and Holidays
- Complimentary Lunch
- New MacBook Pro when you start
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.