Senior Java Engineer
A large financial services firm located in Downtown Chicago is looking to add a senior Java engineer to their team. This group works on both adding new features to the organization’s core trading fee calculation system. The ideal individual is someone who feels comfortable with full stack development, exposure to multithreading, as well as someone who also some familiarity with unit testing. If you are looking to work for a stable well known company while still getting the chance to make an impact and take on ownership- then this is the role for you.
This is a 1-2 year long contract role with high potential for extension or conversion that also offers benefits.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Java programming experience
- Spring MVC
- SQL database experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelors Degree (Quantitative field preferred)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Spring Batch
- Unit Testing
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience working in a Kanban environment
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Java
- 60% Hands On Coding
- 40% Architecture and Design
- Competitive Salary: Up to $50-75/hr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Casual work environment
- Flexible work schedule
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.