Senior Data Engineer / Spark / Hadoop
An Advertising and Video Marketing company is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer on their NYC based Data team. This company provides next generation Data processing and utilizes streaming technology to optimize their clients advertising results. They have received over $70 million in funding and they have analyzed and tracked billions of marketing/advertising events daily.
This Senior Data Engineer will be working on system architecture as well as scaling their overall system. This role is cross-functional so you will be collaborating with the data science team, platform engineers and product managers to identify and build data layer components and best-practice frameworks.
You will support the team by evolving the architecture and assisting in transforming the data infrastructure of the company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Engineering
- 5+ years’ with either Python, Java, Scala or Go
- 3+ years experience with SQL, ETL and streaming solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to either AWS or Azure
- Exposure to either Spark, Hadoop or Kafka
- Exposure to Machine Learning
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands On Development with tools listed above
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Time off and Holidays
- Catered Lunches
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.