Lead Backend Engineer/Java/Kafka/RabbitMQ/AWS
Want to change the world? How about contribute to a life changing hardware and software? A small startup with series A funding wants to solve the issue of connectivity around the world. From commercial farming to someone hiking, the team of 12 are creating a hardware similar to the size of a tablet to track, analyze and process sensors (i.e. vibrations, weather conditions, soil levels).
Currently, they are backed by a few VC firms and on track for series B funding of over $300 million. Therefore, the software team is looking for a front end engineer on their team of 8 engineers. This person would be building. It will be a 80/20 back end heavy split building data pipelines, AWS infrastructure, Restful API's and ETL processes.
Having Java, Scala, Spark, and AWS experience and working in an agile environment are big pluses for the team!
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience building out data platform, RESTful API's
- At least 3 years of professional experience with Spark, Kinesis, Storm, Kafka, Airflow, or Flink
- Hardworking, motivated and hungry to work in an agile environment
- Passion for product and desire to wear multiple hats and make a high impact
Desired Skills & Experience
- Completed degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant degree
- Experience with Java, AWS, MongoDB, Scala, Spark,
- Previous experience with internal tools, IOT devices, and networking
- Previous experience at a large, enterprise company in order to provide another perspective
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Back End
- 10% Front End
- 70% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $250K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.