Lead DevOps Engineer
A technology innovator located in North Phoenix (off the 17) is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their growing DevOps team. The company has expanded its AWS cloud footprint and is looking to migrate the majority of existing on premise environments.
One of the biggest projects for the group is continuing to migrate the existing “core applications” fully into AWS. The DevOps team is also helping build out new brand-new environments for the development group using the latest technologies; AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, etc. This Senior DevOps Engineer should have prior professional experience working in an AWS environment. Given the size of the engineering team and how many projects are ongoing the person needs to come in with existing AWS knowledge vs. learning on the job. This Senior DevOps Engineers should have a strong infrastructure foundation as well as recent experience working with Infrastructure automation tools.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10+ years of experience in a DevOps, Site Reliability, Infrastructure or Systems Engineering role.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux as the environment is hybrid (moving more to Linux each day).
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience of building out infrastructure in AWS via Microservices.
- Proficient in scripting bash, shell or Python.
- Strong experience automating CI/CD pipelines and using technologies like Jenkins, Code Deploy, Travis, etc.
- Direct experience building our VPCs such as Knackles, Routing Tables, and Internet Gateways.
- Experience with configuration management tools; Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt Stack (Ansible preferred).
- Strong experience setting up proper infrastructure monitoring & alerting tools such as DataDog, ELK, Prometheus, Graphite, New Relic, etc.
- Experience working closely with Engineering teams and helping implement tools for them to work more efficiently.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional experience using Docker or Amazon ECS is major plus.
- Experience using any Hashicorp tools, Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, etc.
- Strong ability to research new technologies and help a company implement them.
What You Will Be Doing
- 33% Linux Administration
- 33% AWS migration
- 33% Infrastructure automation tools
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Project coordination/team collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140,000K base /year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Free food/snacks and beer
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- AAA membership
- Paid membership to health club
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.