Software Engineer / 6 month Contract
Ready to jump onto your next project with a company that will invest time into you? Join my client’s growing domain team for a 6-month contracting project As a Software Engineer 2. This position can pay up to $45.00 per hour depending on experience with benefits.
This team is responsible for development of the Data Analytics platform, which includes all business intelligence logic. This team creates new solutions and partners closely with the Resiliency team on new enhancements. The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years with Unix/Linux and one of the many shells.
- 2+ years using source control. (GIT preferred)
- Writes own unit tests (Jest or Jasmine)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, from a four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Sonar, Stash.
- AppDynamics, ELK, Grafana
- Queuing technologies, JMS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Spark, Cloudera, HDFS, Kafka, Hive or Impala (Not necessarily Hadoop- MapR)
- AWS (S3, SQS, SNS, EC2)
What You Will Be Doing
- AngularJS, Angular, React
- Webpack 3
- Gulp/Grunt Jenkins
- 25% Mentorship
- 50% New Development
- 25% Maintenance
- Competitive Pay: Up to $45/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: X – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.