Backend Platform Engineer / Data Streaming / Distributed Systems
A mid-sized startup just opened a Silicon Valley development lab in the South Bay, and is looking to augment the software efforts. The company builds both a hardware and software component for an AI/Big Data optimized chip. This group in the Silicon Valley will be working on the software solution that is a vital requirement for customers.
The Director of Engineering is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer who will be able to drive data pipeline, API, and AI projects. The team is currently building the platform in Python and Go but will be needing a Java based solution as they scale. The ideal candidate is a polyglot developer who has specific experience in the Big Data, Streaming, or Distributed Systems realms.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development (Backend/Data)
- Expertise in object-oriented development language
- Expertise with modern Big Data, Data Streaming platforms
Desired Skills & Experience
- Python, Golang
- Ability to create custom Recursions, Trees, Multithreading solutions
- Desire to work with a distributed team (mostly China)
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Backend Development
- 20% Architecture
- 5% Mentorship
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Insurance
- Flexible hours
- And more
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.