Database DevOps Engineer
Big Data product shop in the loop is hiring for a Database Engineer with an interest in the high-demand, emerging Database Reliability Engineering space. DBRE's come from either a Data or full-stack Engineering background and have acquired DevOps and cloud skills along the way.
You are either a Database Engineer looking for the next level in your career, OR you are a Data-focused Software Engineer who's developed with Java or Python. Ideally this person will have worked with both a SQL and NoSQL database such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL, MYSQL, ElasticSearch, ElasticBeanstalk, etc.
As an Engineer, you have built CI / CD pipelines, have containerized with Docker (or Kubernetes), and have automated with Terraform.
90% of their application is in AWS, and you consider yourself adept with AWS + AWS tools such as ElasticSearch, RDS, EC2, S3, ELB, and others. Experience with Disaster Recovery is a plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- Database Engineering (DynamoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL, etc.)
- Java, Python, or equivalent
- CI / CD pipelines
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Terraform and VAULT
- Bash, Ruby, or other scripting languages
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Award winning culture
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 2 Kitchens, 1 Candy Closet, and Unlimited Snacks & drinks
- 401(k) with match and immediate vesting
- Unlimited and encouraged Paid Time Off