Manager of Engineering (Site Reliability and DevOps)
Product shop in the loop is hiring for a hands on, Manager of Engineering, to lead out a senior team of DevOps SRE's.
You are comfortable with the "development" part of DevOps and come from Software engineering background ideally in Java and Python. You also have a healthy mix of SQL and NOSQL experience (DynamoDB, Cassandra) and have worked with Data Cloud tools (ElasticSearch, RDS, Athena, Batch, Glue, Sagemaker, ELB, etc.).
Experience with Disaster Recovery, General Data Protection Regulation / GDPR, and working with large volumes of data are also a plus. They are using VAULT to extract data and Terraform to automate and configure.
This platform processes 10s of millions of messages a day with API's that handle over 10 Billion requests per year. With that, you have experience with API's (Restful API is preferred). Lastly, you have production experience containerizing with Docker. Kubernetes is most ideal.
Pair Programming. Agile. Open. Test-Driven. Collaborative. Strategic. People-First.
Required Skills & Experience
- Java, Python, or equivalent
- Bash, Ruby, or other scripting languages
- Terraform and VAULT
- CI / CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Databases such as SQL, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
- Leadership and Management experience
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Award winning culture
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 2 Kitchens, 1 Candy Closet, and Unlimited Snacks & drinks
- 401(k) with match and immediate vesting
- Unlimited and encouraged Paid Time Off