Principal DevOps Engineer
IoT wearable tracking technology is shaping the way we watch, play, and coach sports. Incubated startup within a large tech company is pioneering the field and looking for a Principal SRE to lead out their powerhouse DevOps team.
You are comfortable with the "development" part of DevOps and come from a Java, Python, Kotlin, Scala, or equivalent background.
This IoT company is considered a Big Data shop, so ideally you have worked with MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, SQL, or equivalent and worked with cloud tools such as Google Elastic, AWS Athena, Glue, Sagemaker, ELB, etc.
You also are someone who's very schooled in building CI / CD pipelines and have worked with Jenkins or equivalent.
All cloud backgrounds are welcome. They are live in production with their GCP and recently migrated a good portion of their AWS to GCP, utilizing Google Elasticsearch Clusters. Also have a good portion of their product hosted in Azure.
You have production experience containerizing with Docker (Kubernetes preferred) In this role, you'd get to jump in and work on production Google Kubernetes Engine or GKE.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experience in Python, Java, or equivalent
- Scripting in Bash, Ruby, or other scripting languages
- Cloud agnostic viewpoint with experience in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- CI / CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Terraform (VAULT is a huge plus), Puppet, or Chef
- Databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Microservices architecture
- Restful APIs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Kafka, Tomcat, Hazelcast, OpenJDK
- Experience navigating GDPR Compliances
- Competitive Salary: Up to $225K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Award winning culture
- Very competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Snacks & drinks
- 401(k) with % match and immediate vesting
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off
- Discount on product