Java Software Developer Manager
Do you thrive in an innovative environment where you will learn and grow your skillset as well as applying your existing talents to solve real world problems? Do you love to lead the design and implementation of large scale features? Does the potential to create features used daily around the world excite you? We thrive on constant innovation and want people like you to drive it. My client, located near Paradise Valley is hiring for a Software Development Manager on a 3-6-month contract to hire basis, this role can play up to $70.00 per hour depending on experience with benefits.
As a member of the Product Development team, the Software Engineering Manager plays an important role in helping define the direction for the team. Responsibilities include leading a team of up to 10 direct reports and driving and managing project initiatives that align with my client’s Technology vision and strategy by managing the development of the Technology Operations Platform product.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the development of Java-based, high volume, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems
- A minimum of 1 year of technical leadership with supervisory experience.
- Expertise in web and/or distributed application design
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts, web/RESTful services, and event-driven architecture.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing (experience with Selenium a plus), and operations
- Knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Delivery strongly preferred
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of infrastructure technologies and secure computing environments: network, hardware and operating systems, servers and storage
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases (PostgreSQL a plus), web technologies and web analytics tools
- Experience with AWS/automation a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- Expertise in Java EE
- Spring Framework
- Messaging Systems, XML
- Web Services
- web technologies, scripting languages, etc.
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Management Duties
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.