SF company that’s the first of its kind in the Fintech space that allows two people to save and invest together. They help friends, couples, relatives, and partners save together and hold each other accountable when trying to save for a possible vacation, wedding, and/or a future need or desire. They are a subsidiary of John Hancock Investments that broke off to look into different ventures within the financial field -that being said, they operate more like a startup, but have the financial backing of a larger company.
Through machine learning, the app will observe spending habits and give users tips and tricks on how to budget, save and plan for the future (providing assistance for a full life cycle budgeting and savings plan). They are looking for a mid-level backend engineer to work with Rails on the backend. You will be coming in to work on building out API’S.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Restful API’S
- Familiarity with building out large applications ready to scale
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with React
- Automated Testing experience
- Exposure to continuous integration
What You Will Be Doing
- Ruby on Rails
- 100% Hands-on
- Building out new features as well as 3D rendering machine learning code
- Creating and design functional 3rd party integrations
- Maintain and built out API endpoints
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.