Big Data DevOps Engineer
An amazing position for a talented Big Data DevOps engineer who will provide a Platform as a Service, allowing their partners to integrate technologies directly to their business offerings. You will work with key members of the Infrastructure, Engineering and Operations teams to deliver and scale our client's powerful search services. You will have the opportunity to join a smart group of individuals whose minds will discover, learn and build together. This is a position to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years working in System Engineering, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or similar capacity preferably managing SaaS environments
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux systems, familiar with Linux fundamentals including network protocols. (Windows experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with distributed high availability clustered systems, such as: Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, VMware, SAN or NAS storage and compute clusters.
- Experience with container technologies Docker, Kubernetes
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in cloud infrastructure and self-hosted environments
- Experience building automation tools and managing Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines (Gitlab, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Red Hat Linux
- 30% Windows Server 2010
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.