Senior DevOps Engineer
Educational tech company located in Scottsdale is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their Production Operations group. This DevOps/Cloud Engineering team is responsible for managing all aspects of the AWS cloud infrastructure, developing tools for environment creation in AWS and automating all things in the cloud.
The current initiative for the team is to continue migrating the existing infrastructure fully into AWS while helping build out new environments using the latest technologies; Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and/or Kubernetes. The key role is to automate engineering activities by developing internal tools for best development practices, standardization, scaling, upgrades and modifications utilized to deploy products. This Senior DevOps Engineer should have a strong experience managing/maintaining an AWS infrastructure as well as experience working with modern infrastructure automation tools.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in a DevOps, Site Reliability, or Software Tooling position.
- Strong experience with at least 1 programming/scripting languages (bash, PowerShell, Java, Python, or C#).
- At least 1-2 years of experience managing, maintaining and improving cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC and ability to automate that process.
- Experience with laC tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack).
- Experience with source code control systems, branching, and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deployed frameworks.
- Experience setting up monitoring dashboard using technologies such as Graphana, Graphite, Prometheus, AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Ability to work closely with Software Engineers to help automate their day to day.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional experience using Terraform.
- Prior professional experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes in production.
- Taking ownership on projects a major plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Linux
- 40% Windows
- 100% hands on
- Competitive Salary: Up to $135,000.00
You will receive the following benefits:
- 10 health, 6 dental, and 4 vision plans to choose from
- 401(k) with matching
- HSA account
- No cost life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Competitive PTO plan
- Yearly bonus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.