Senior Java Engineer
Senior Software Engineer / Backend / Java / MySQL
My team has recently partnered with a educational tech company locally in Santa Clara with is working on a new migration for there web sight to run and operate world wide. They need senior back-end engineers to come in and work closely with the DBA to help scale and do all the back-end development in Java. They have a great work life balance and company culture overall. If you are interested in ed-tech and working on a close knit team this could be the job for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience or Master’s 2+ years of experience in Java
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and distributed systems
- Familiarity with microservices, RESTful APIs, databases (SQL and MySQL), networking protocols
- Strong teamwork skills and communication skills
- Knowledge in the following technologies preferred: Springboot and databases
- Cloud experience would be a plus
Desired Skills & Experience
- Leadership experience (reviewing other engineers’ work, coach junior engineers, and lead technical projects)
- Ability to come in and hit the ground running
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Coding
- 30% Everything else
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $85 per hour, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Holiday benefits
- Amazing office snacks
- Employee Birthday Parties!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.