Senior Software Engineer - Work with Golang
A tech startup based in Tribeca is hiring a Senior Software Engineer who will be working on the Core Services team to help facilitate the transition from monolithic to microservices-based architecture. This person will be coming in at a high level and will be mentoring junior engineers in an informal setting. They will be working in a beautiful, modern office with unlimited snacks and PTO.
The platform is currently built in Golang, although they’re open to engineers who come from a variety of backgrounds (Java, Python) and who are interested in learning Go. The ideal candidate will have experience with Java, Spring, Microservices and APIs. Any exposure to Docker or Kubernetes is a huge plus as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience with software development
- Extensive experience with Java, Python,GoLang or Scala
- Experience with distributed web applications
- Experience with Microservices and APIs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience scaling applications
- Experience creating libraries
What You Will Be Doing
- Hands-on development, building microservices and libraries for the rest of the engineering teams
- Leveling up the platform by enhancing performance, test coverage and observability
- Informally mentoring junior engineers
- Learning GoLang
- 50% Java
- 50% GoLang
- 75% hands on
- 25% mentorship
- Competitive Annual Salary starting up to $210k/year plus equity
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Parental leave
- Flexible work from home
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets.