Mid / Senior Data Engineer
We’ve partnered with a tech focused consultancy that is hiring for a Data Engineer. As a member of the team you’d work with clients spanning numerous industries to build custom solutions. They work with several cutting edge data technologies including Spark, Kafka, and Cassandra. Otherwise, they work with a combination of Scala, Java, or Python depending on the project.
The ideal candidate will come from a Computer Science background, and will have professional experience developing data structures. Many of their financial clients have large datasets, and experience using PySpark is a huge plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience developing data pipelines
- Experience with (at least) one relevant programming language
- Python (preferred)
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience using relational and NoSQL databases
- Comfortable meeting with clients (no travel required)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with large datasets
- PySpark (best)
- Experience working on cloud based applications
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Backend Development
- 85% Hands on
- 15% Client facing
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.