The primary purpose of this role is to build or implement platform automation tooling, develop and maintain SDLC patterns and best practices, and to provide performance, security and resilience support in service of the product application teams. We work closely with the application development and support teams to design and provision resilient architecture, and to track, analyze and optimize production infrastructure.
- Problem Solving in its many forms, from epic to the mundane.
- Infrastructure Stewardship
- Reduce complexity wherever possible - Automate the handling of it everywhere else.
- Develop Tools and Automation Software
- Design and Documentation of Cloud Architecture Solutions
- Perform Infrastructure Analysis, Anomaly Detection
- Respond to System Performance and Security Events
- Defend the System against Unsustainable or Unreliable Components
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. in computer science or information systems fields required, or 5+ years related work experience.
- Experience working with Agile and/or Lean software development approaches.
- Experience building solutions with a majority of the following AWS services: EC2, ECS, VPC, S3, RDS, Redshift, CloudFront, Direct Connect, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies, tools and services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience building sophisticated, secure software applications with modern APIs
- Experience with common service discovery systems like Consul, Zookeeper, etc.; NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Couchbase; queueing and streaming systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Contract to Hire: Duration of contract: 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.