Jobspring is soon moving its website to join parent company, Motion Recruitment, for a significantly improved and expanded user experience. Please go now to

Jobspring Partners: Talent in Action

Senior Node Engineer

Apply for this job
Share this:

Senior Node Engineer

A scaling startup in DC is looking for a senior software engineer to the team and they have an open budget to find the best engineer in the area for the job.

In this role you would be working directly under the VP of Engineering and CTO as the most senior member of the engineering team. Though title of the position is "Senior Software Engineer," this candidate will have principal level compensation and responsibilities. They are putting a huge emphasis on finding highly experienced polyglots who are happy to be in an 80% coding role, with the other 20% being more leadership and mentoring responsibilities. Their main platform has made them a ton of revenue over the past few years, however, its not without flaws. The main focus will be rearchitecting the main platform in Node.js and Golang; after that they have several products mapped out for few development.

Their offer will include a base salary, annual bonus, equity, full medical benefits, 401(k) + match, unlimited PTO, flex hours, and more.

Required Skills & Experience

  • Experience with HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6)
  • Experience with either Node.js, Golang, Python
  • Experience with microservices architecture
  • Experience shipping code and building products
  • Entrepreneurial spirit – seeking ownership

Desired Skills & Experience

  • BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
  • Experience with React.js, Angular 2+, or Vue.js

What You Will Be Doing

Tech Breakdown

  • 10% Front End
  • 90% Back End

Daily Responsibilities

  • 80% Hands-on Coding
  • 20% Architecture and Design

The Offer

  • Competitive Salary: Open Budget
  • Annual Bonus
  • Equity

You will receive the following benefits:

  • Full Medical Benefits (75% covered, including dependents)
  • Unlimited PTO
  • Flex Hours
  • 401(k) + 4% match
  • Commuter Benefits
  • Phone Reimursement
  • 3 months paternity leave
  • Stocked Kitchen
  • 10-story office in heart of DC


Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.

This position does not offer sponsorship.


Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.

Apply for this Job

Leonardo Tonaki is leading the search for this position. Use the button below to send us your resume and let us know you’re interested in the job!

Apply to this job
Senior Node Engineer
  • Leonardo Tonaki

  • Lead Recruiter
  • Jobspring Arlington - OSD

Great! You're interested!

Use this form to send me your resume, and my team and I will review it for this job:

Senior Node Engineer

So you know, this isn't the only job like this we're working on. We'll review your resume for every relevant job that comes in!


  • Jobspring Partners

Thank you

Your information has been received.

One of our teams will give it a careful look for the Senior Node Engineer job, and for every other relevant position we’re working on right now, too.
If it looks like we can help you out, you’ll hear from us shortly!

Return to Search Results Close

Send to a Friend

If you know someone who'd be interested in this job, send them a link so they can check it out.

Thank You!

Your note about the position number: 400277 has been sent to your friend

Return to Search Results