Apply for this job
August 22, 2019
A Senior Java Engineer is needed by an energy company in downtown Boston (State St.). The company is focused on reducing energy inefficiencies and carbon emissions by about 30-40%, and this position is on their new IoT group.
The team is looking for a Java engineer for a long term contract (12+ months) to help work on an app for IoT device management. This app will support the device management and decommissioning platform for IoT devices that track energy consumption and usage for buildings globally. This person is going to build API calls to AWS to get data in and out of the cloud. Candidates should have strong experience working with Java specifically, and experience with other back-end languages like Node would be a plus.
This is a fast-paced environment that needs to bring on new people ASAP – if interested, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience doing server side development with Java
- Experience building out API calls
- Experience working in an AWS environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a microservices environment
- Node development experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% Java for server side development
- 15% Node
- 100% hands-on engineering
- Maximum Hourly Rate of $80/hr
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Flexible working hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Apply for this Job
Nicholas Costello is leading the search for this position. Use the button below to send us your resume and let us know you’re interested in the job!