Mid to Senior Java Software Engineer
Are you interested in joining a Chicago startup with a great cause? Do you enjoy working in a fun, energetic office space that encourages bringing dogs into the office? This cutting edge start up is collaborative, fast-paced, and innovative. Perks include beer on tap, happy hours, office table tennis competitions, and a work environment where creativity and new ideas are always encouraged.
This Chicago-based start-up with the mission of food label transparency has set out to hire a Senior Software Developer with a heavy data science component. They've historically used Java 8 with Spring Boot/Security, but recently added Python to their stack to adopt an AWS Serverless Architecture. You'll be joining their team that is working on the SmartLabel Initiative to create the customer interface from another team's API.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-7 years of experience as a Java and/or Python developer
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- Desire to gain hands-on exposure to new technologies, such as Kotlin
Desired Skills & Experience
- Any Kinesis, Dynamodb, NoSQL, node, and Postgres experience is a big plus
- A willingness to learn new technologies. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our product and stay relevant within the consumer packaged goods space
- An engineer who is not afraid to push boundaries and spark new ideas
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140k/year, DOE
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 6% Match
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Unlimited PTO
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.