Data Engineer - Working on Data Science Team
An Global Investment company is looking to round out their NYC based core Data Science team with a strong Data Engineer. This company uses research, analysis and global intelligence to anticipate investment opportunities and changes for their vast clientele. They manage over $500 billion in assets for a wide variety of small, medium and enterprise institutions as well as private wealth companies.
This Data Engineer role will be cross functional and will influence decisions across the firm. They will work on projects in sales, marketing, trading and risk management. This role is on the core Data Science team and will be responsible for developing solutions around algorithms, tools and infrastructure. This Data Engineer should ideally have experience in Fintech, as well as working with large data sets, designing, testing and implementing data pipelines.
This Data Engineer needs 5+ years experience and should be proficient in Python, Java or Scala- but Python is ideal. Experience with Elasticsearch, SQL and NoSQL databases as well as big data tools like Spark, Docker and Kubernetes are required. Any exposure to AWS, machine learning, data lakes and data warehousing are also required.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge building ETL pipelines from scratch, data modeling and data warehousing
- Strong experience with Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with Spark, Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficiency with SQL, MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS and API’s
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to the financial industry
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands On Development
- Competitive Salary: Up to $275K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time off and Holidays
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.