Under the direction of the Manager of Infrastructure and Applications, the Help Desktop Specialist will provide desktop support and help desk functionality for the Commission. Desktop support is defined as, but not limited to managing LAN operations at site, software and hardware installations, inventory control and management, troubleshooting, network account management, and second level training.
Required Skills & Experience
- Windows 10
What You Will Be Doing
- Support and maintain Commission PCs, laptops, printers and peripherals;
- Manage the Asset Management Tracking System by collecting, recording and maintaining inventory of all technology assets;
- Provide software and device training at the manager’s discretion with a view towards process improvement;
- Communicate all system related issues to Commission staff through channels set forth by their supervisory and management staff;
- Responsible for software installation and license management, inclusive of procured and internally developed solutions;
- Perform system analysis and troubleshooting functions for LAN/WAN infrastructure;
- Install and maintain communication connections between workstations, printers, etc.;
- Interface with and liaise third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals such as switches, routers, modems, hubs, servers, etc.;
- Acts as the onsite contact for all office wiring/cable installations;
- Primary contact for all voice support, including VOIP and cellular;
- Owner of all office moves, adds, and changes of staff and/or equipment;
- Troubleshoot application functionality and availability challenges;
- Acts as the liaison for systems related issues between the Commission and the Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS);
- Maintains the commission Desktop image and device configuration protocols;
- Responsible for problem escalation through appropriate channels of all systems related issues.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $25/hour
- Contract Duration: 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.