Hands-On Back End Manager
Are you looking for a role that offers more impact and ability to drive strategy? Are you interested in taking your hands on experience to help establish a high performance engineering team with a strong work culture?
A large financial organization located in the Loop is looking to bring on a Hands on Manager that will oversee the development of the company’s core revenue generator. This individual will be involved in leading and delegating tasks, advocating your ideas and opinions to better the team, as well as help drive the architecture and design strategy for their cutting edge platform. If you are looking to work in the financial space and want a role that is going to directly impact the business daily, then don’t hesitate to apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience
- 2+ years leading and/or mentoring engineering teams
- Expertise in Java 8, Spring Boot/Spring Web Services, REST APIs
- Strong understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding of the full SDLC
- Strong influencer that can help drive strategy
- Experience pushing ideas and opinions to high level stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the financial tech industry
- Experience working on cloud architectures
- Ability to come in and create a driven, respectful work culture
- Bachelors Degree in Quantitative Field
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% Java
- 20% Hands On Coding/Architecture
- 80% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160-200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Competitive annual bonus
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work schedule
- Profit Sharing
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.