A company in Burbank, which started as a game development shop, but pivoted their vision to create a smart TV streaming platform available on AndroidOS devices! This is their VERY own Roku-type platform and with an impressive backing by multiple popular TV networks, they are launching phase 2 of their product in the next few months, with a projects 50-100 million more users! They need a talented Android Engineer for their endeavors on their next gen product.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of native android experience in from a recognized company
- Java development in a native mobile capacity
- Android OS / Kernel - Bootloader, modifying and patching OS code knowledge
- Chat / Messaging - Deep understanding of managing async messages
- Video Chat - Deep understanding of video codecs/players/webrtc
- Video Playback - Deep understanding of video codecs and security protocols
- Unit + Integration testing - Deep understanding of developing and using testing frameworks
- Billing - Deep and proven experience working with billing systems, especially none traditional systems such a wechat
- Hands-on Leaders - Deep understanding and experience with one or more of the listed skills. Proven experience working with a small/medium feature teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience on developing applications or projects with big streaming companies such as Netflix, Hulu, Time Warner, Amazon, Charter, etc.
- Ability to work on-site in Burbank, CA 3-4 days a week
- Knowledge in Kotlin
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits package including individual, family, and dental insurance
- Bonus and stock options
- Growth Opportunities and experience working with a highly intelligent team of leaders and developers working at the forefront of enterprise software technology
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.