Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client is an educational tech company headquartered in Scottsdale that builds digital curriculum for more 6 million students across the country. They are currently looking to add a Senior DevOps Engineer to their Production Engineering and Technology Operations Department. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the cloud infrastructure in AWS and this will include developing environment tools and automating cloud processes. This is a full-time position paying up to $135,000.00 per year depending on experience.
One of the main purposes of this role will be moving the current infrastructure fully into the AWS cloud while also using the latest technologies to build out new environments. These technologies include Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and/or Kubernetes. Developing internal tools to automate activities for best development practices will also be a large part of this role. This Senior DevOps Engineer should ideally have had experience working with current infrastructure automation tools as well as strong experience maintaining AWS infrastructure. Any experience deploying onto AWS is a huge plus. This is a great opportunity to get at the ground level with a greenhouse project.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Site Reliability, Software Tooling or a DevOps role
- 1-2 years of experience either managing, maintaining or improving cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, VMWare)
- Knowledge of SDLC and strong experience with automation of that process
- Experience with at least 1 programming/scripting language (bash, PowerShell, Java, or Python)
- Understanding of configuration management tools or a willingness to learn Chef
- Experience setting up a monitoring dashboard using technologies such as Graphite, Prometheus, AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Terraform experience
- Project ownership experience a major plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Windows
- 60% Linux
- Migrating to AWS
- Creating the DevOps environment
- Deploying applications
- Competitive Pay: Up to $135,000.00/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Free life insurance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.