Senior Systems Engineer
A B2B Saas based technology company is looking to add a Senior Systems Engineer to their North Phoenix office. In the last two years, the company has doubled in size and they are looking for a qualified individual to help continue their migration completely into the AWS cloud. This person will join their DevOps group and work closely with the software engineering team to help streamline and automate the company’s operations. The team will also start to build out new environments using the latest technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, etc. Previous professional experience with AWS is required for this position. It is a direct hire role with full benefits and a salary range between 120,000 to 140,000 depending on experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7-10+ years of professional experience in a Site Reliability, Infrastructure, Systems Engineering or DevOps role
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and some Windows experience as the company uses a hybrid model
- At least 1-3 years of experience with infrastructure in AWS.
- Scripting experience (Bash, Shell or Python)
- Strong experience automating CI/CD pipelines using technologies like Jenkins, Code Deploy, Travis, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such Puppet, Chef or Docker
- Strong experience setting up infrastructure monitoring & alerting tools (DataDog, ELK, Prometheus, Graphite, New Relic, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience using Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, etc.
- Professional experience using Docker or Amazon ECS is major plus
- Ability to research and learn new technologies and help the company implement them
What You Will Be Doing
- 33% Linux Administration
- 33% AWS migration
- 33% Infrastructure automation tools
- 50% Project coordination/ team collaboration
- 50% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140,000K base /year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Free food/snacks and beer
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- AAA membership
- Paid membership to health club
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.