Senior Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)
Are you a polyglot engineer interested in working for a small firm where you can take a lot of ownership without the worry and concern of the stability of the company? A well known software organization in the Loop is looking to hire on a Lead Engineer to work with their data scientists to help them take their research and models to help deploy them into their environment. The Lead Engineer will lead the projects and will be heavily involved in the full life cycle from design, development, setting up their CICD pipelines, and pushing everything into the cloud. This is a 12 month contract role with HIGH likelihood for extension or conversion that also offers benefits.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Java, Python, Scala
- Experience writing REST APIs
- NoSQL database experience
- Experience working with data science teams
- Experience working on the full SDLC
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong cloud exposure (AWS)
- NodeJS or ReactJS
- CICD with Docker or Jenkins
- Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Machine Learning
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- 60% Hands On Coding
- 20% Architecture and Design
- 20% Internal customer facing work
- 50% Java, Python, Scala
- Competitive Pay: Up to $60-80/hr, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12+ Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
- Casual work setting
- Cutting edge technologies
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.