Junior Data Scientist
The Advanced Analytics Team applies expertise in machine learning, large-scale computational architectures, data visualization, and simulation to solve hard research challenges in high impact areas including cybersecurity, biological systems, and distributed sensor platforms. We’ve built automated malware detection systems, deep learning models that can semantically label source code, prototypes to visualize graphs with millions of nodes, and a distributed framework that can process and store sensor network streams on the scale of 100 MB/s
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience applying machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, data visualization, or similar techniques to challenging problems
- Programming experience with Python, C/C++, Java, or a comparable language
- Ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
- Comfortable using statistical analysis, data visualization, or mathematical modeling to illuminate complex problems and communicate research results
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with software development tools and platforms (Git, Linux, etc.)
- Familiarity with data science tools (Keras, Sklearn, Spark, D3, etc.)
- MS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrations of prior research (blog posts, GitHub repos, publications, etc.)
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Hands On
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.