Our Client is a utilities company in Mississauga seeking a highly skilled Senior SQL Server Developer and DBA to join their growing team in their Information Technology Department. The Sr. SQL Server BI Developer has 2 main roles. First of all, analyze, maintain and perform performance improvements on their SQL Server databases. Secondly, improve SQL server performance including enhancing stored procedure code, server contention, SSIS, and SSRS packages. Additionally there will be an opportunity to help design, architect and develop their business intelligence solution.
Required Skills & Experience
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing business analysts; monitoring and tracing business applications and working with Architects.
- Recommend logical and physical data models
- Recommends database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Writes complex stored procedures and SSIS packages when necessary.
- Identifies areas of contention and recommend re-engineering / re-architecture
- Maintains database performance and maintenance across all environments
- Works with business data miners to provide data and queries for drill down reports
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follows our change management process when updating or deploying our applications
- Works with other team members on design of software systems
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Industry Experience preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle (SLDC) and methodologies: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification
- Experience in programming and debugging Microsoft SQL based web applications as part of a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience with a source control management system is required – TFS, GIT, branching/merging
- Excellent Communication Skills with good spoken and written English.
- Applicants must be authorized to legally work in Canada
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% SQL Server
- 50% DBA
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.